The Insights Center features ideas, tools and resources on applying behavioral science to causes worth caring about. It includes the tools and thinking developed over nearly two decades of building cause-based campaigns and products. We hope they help you and your cause with the art and science of using behavior to spark real change.Go
About the position:
Marketing for Change is seeking a Marketing Assistant to help us do strategic work that makes the world a better place. We are hiring for our summer internship program, with a flexible start date in May 2022. As a small firm working on a national scale on issues for the greater good like health, the environment and advocacy, we rely on interns to add creativity and intelligence to our marketing and communications work. We want doers who are passionate and eager to learn. In most cases, internships are the primary pathway to full-time employment at our agency.
The paid internship is 20/hrs a week, pays $15/hr, and lasts 12 to 16 weeks.
This position is likely to be remote, in compliance with local, state, federal and CDC guidelines for COVID-19 at the time of this posting. However, we prefer candidates who work near Alexandria, VA, or Orlando, FL, to allow return to in-person work when safe.
Day in the life:
As an agile agency, we all wear a lot of hats — including our Marketing Assistant. In a typical day, you might find yourself:
- Writing copy or proofreading (in AP style) for websites, ads, social media and blog posts
- Coordinating the production of new creative assets such as ads, web pages and reports
- Supporting market research
- Supporting, developing and executing social media strategy
- Monitoring and analyzing website performance and digital advertising efforts
- Preparing for and attending client meetings and occasional campaign events (local)
- Editing video
Are you nice? That’s one of our biggest requirements. All of our work is collaborative, plus we like to have fun. If that describes you, here are some other things that will make you stand out:
- Interest in behavior change marketing and communications (a.k.a. social marketing)
- Previous professional experience. We put you right to work, so you’ll need a previous internship or paid job under your belt before you apply.
- Excellent writing skills are a must.
- Candidates with communication, marketing, journalism, public relations and public affairs are preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
How to apply:
Do you bring a diverse perspective? Tell us about it! Send us your resume, two writing samples, and a snappy cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing for Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer.