Love creating work that makes an impact? Thrive on new challenges and learning new things? Enjoy managing multiple projects at once and collaborating in a team environment?
Marketing for Change is seeking a full-time front-end web developer to join our growing team. We are a 25-person national behavior change marketing and advertising firm based in Orlando, FL, with offices in Alexandria, VA, and Tallahassee, FL.
We are seeking a front-end developer with an eye for details, design and usability. We are a small team so everyone wears a lot of hats — while the main focus will be front-end development on any given day you could also be designing, strategizing a new project, or collaborating with a client.
This position is available to work in Tallahassee, FL or Orlando, FL; Monday - Friday 9ish to 6ish.
Our web team works in an open source environment on the LAMP stack. We are always inventing new features and building complex products — you must be willing to learn new technologies as needed (and know when to push back).
Skills we are looking for:
- Loves front-end web development
- Mastery of HTML, CSS & Sass
- Working with modern layouts using flexbox/grid as well as Bootstrap (3 & 4)
- Great eye for layout and details
- Knowledge of and appreciation for user experience and interaction design; the devil is in the details
- Experienced with WordPress or other CMS's
- Version control with Git
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable talking to clients
- Working across disciplines/teams
- One more job requirement from which no one is exempt: Each employee must be nice. Weird, we know. We’re like that.
Nice to Have
Please note any familiarity with:
- PHP, MySQL, Laravel, general back-end development
- Building composable, modular front-ends using OOCSS, SMACSS, BEM, and semantic markup
- Solid understanding of build tools like Gulp, Webpack, Parcel, Rollup, or NPM scripts
- General CLI knowledge & experience (especially SSH and Node)WCAG Accessibility
- Multi-language development
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Experience building SPAs, PWAs
Health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance provided at no cost to individual employee
Generous paid vacation, holidays, sick time, and family leave
401(k) retirement plan after four months of employment with matching contributions up to 3% of your salary
Flexible spending accounts for medical/dental/vision and/or dependent care
Annual professional development allowance
To apply, please submit a cover letter, years of relevant work experience, portfolio (links to samples of your work) and resume. Marketing for Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe staff diversity enhances our work. We consider applicants regardless of race, religion, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, veteran status, or disability. This posting closes on June 4, 2020.
Apply for this position